SAFEDATA Moscow-I Data Center is situated in Moscow, at the intersection of Volgogradsky prospect and the Third Ring Road (Ostapovsky proezd 22/16 and 22/13).
Moscow-I Data Center started its operation in September 2007.
SAFEDATA Moscow-I DC uses dedicated power supply from Mosenergo Heat and Power Plant #8 without any intermediate substation.
Data center infrastructure corresponds to TIA-942 Standard.
- Data Center total area: more than 2,000 sq. m;
- Computer Room area to place the equipment: 1,200 sq. m;
- Up to 500 equipment cabinets can be placed on site;
- Dedicated power supply: 4 MW;
- Category 1 no-break power supply, independent feeders plus redundant Diesel Generator Sets;
- Own fiber optic links to Moscow communication sites MMTS-9 and MMTS-10;
- Customers are allowed to install their own FO links;
- Office spaces available for backup office activities to ensure customer’s continuous business operations;
- 24x7 customer’s access to the equipment, managed site entrance, secure parking area.
Since DC was put into operation there were no emergency shutdowns.
Data Center engineering area provides dedicated power for 4 MW load with 2 independent feeders corresponding to Category 1 power supply reliability. All the electrical equipment that forms main switchboard, distributing frames, and reserve switching devices uses products and components from world leading manufacturers:
- 4 Emerson Network Power Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), 800 kVA each;
- 4 FG Wilson Diesel Generator Sets (DGS), 1,250 kVA each. Reserve tanks ensure DGS can work off-line for up to 8 hours under full load;
- Power distribution systems are equipped with Schneider Electric components.
Backup Power Supply
4 FG Wilson Diesel Generator Sets (1,250 kVA each) and 4 Emerson Network Power UPS (800 kVA each) ensure Data Center continuous operation. DGS starts automatically if transformer substation voltage fails and can continuously work up to 8 hours without refueling.
SAFEDATA employees control power supply systems operation 24x7.
Precision air conditioning system uses HiRef Cabinet Air Conditioning Units and Geoclima chillers.
Moscow-I DC is equipped with precision Cabinet Air Conditioning Units (cooling capacity 100 kW each) according to N+1 redundancy scheme.
Climatic parameters in site are under strict control and correspond to telecommunication rooms and spaces climate regulations and requirements.
Moscow-I DC sustains steady microclimate: temperature 22ºС ± 2ºС, relative humidity 30-70%.
Cold air from Air Conditioning Units enters the raised floor plenum and comes out to cold aisles trough raised floor vented tiles. Cold airstream comes into equipment cabinets from the front; heated air blows out of cabinets’ backside thus providing traditional hot/cold aisle layout.
2 chillers are placed in Data Center open site spaces. Chillers use free cooling (cooling capacity 700 kW each) plus two chilling machines based on advanced energy saving Turbocor technology. Machines cooling capacity is 600 kW each. Thus, total cooling capacity of 2 loops of DC independent cooling system is up to 2,600 kW. System uses 40% ethylene glycol solution as a coolant.
Fire Extinguishing Systems
Data Center modules are equipped with Automatic Gaseous Fire Suppression System that uses HFC-227 agent.
The System uses light and audible alarms; warning alarm precedes the agent release. Alarm system is integrated with cooling system (to stop all the conditioning units in case of alarm) and access control system.
Access Control and Security System
Moscow-I DC Access Control and Security System has multiple organizational levels and includes:
Administrative procedures for Data Center areas access;
Access Control System with proximity cards;
CCTV system that covers areas inside and outside the Data Center plus areas within each module; video is archived for 30-days;
Additional security systems can be installed upon customer request.